The 2020 Bizzy Awards Nomination Process has now closed. If you have any questions regarding nominations please contact Liz Blose at 570-421-4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bizzy Awards are a Hollywood Academy Awards-style competition between Pocono Chamber of Commerce member businesses in Northeast Pennsylvania. Chamber members are encouraged to nominate their business into their selective Bizzy Awards Categories, businesses are welcome and encouraged to enter multiple categories.
Pocono Chamber businesses are invited to enter now online at www.PoconoChamber.org! The 2020 nominations will be accepted Sunday, March 15th through Friday, August 14th. A full listing of the Bizzy Awards rules can be found at www.BizzyAwards.com/rules. The categories are as listed…
• Best Overall Business - For excellence in every aspect of your business. Explain how you excel with customers, employees, community contributions and marketing.
• Best Tiny, But Mighty Business - For businesses with up to 5 employees. Explain what your business has done in the past year that makes you a leader in your field.
• Best Small Business - For businesses with 6 to 50 employees. Explain what your business has done in the past year that makes you a leader in your field.
• Best Large Business - For businesses with over 50 employees. Explain what your business has done in the past year that makes you a leader in your field.
• Best New Business - For businesses that have opened within the past 3 years. Explain what your business is and give examples as to what makes it different than other similar businesses.
• Best Interior Design - For excellence in the design of a lobby, office, etc. Explain what you did, why you did it, and how you liked the results. Submit photographs representing your work.
• Best Curb Side Appeal - For excellence in the exterior of your building including upkeep of facility, use of plants and gardening, and overall appearance from the street in front of your building. Explain why your business has excellent curbside appeal. Submit pictures for review.
• Best Business Logo - Explain how your logo delivers a message that creates confidence in your brand while differentiating between you and your competitors. Include a copy of your logo. Logos judged on creativity, business representation and design.
• Best Business Card Design - For excellence in business card designs that show creative thought and talent. Explain the reason for your design and why it is a good representation of your company. Include a copy of your business card.
• Best Restaurant - For excellence in hospitality, culinary excellence and atmosphere. Explain why your establishment should be considered as top in its field.
• Best Non-Profit - For 501 (c) (3) designated businesses. Explain what your business has done in the past year that makes you a leading non-profit.
• Best Outdoor Recreational Business - For excellence in a recreational outdoor activity. Explain what makes your business the best in the industry.
• Best “Rockstar” Employee: The Elisa Chase Award - Nominate an employee who went above and beyond to help your business excel. Include a reason for the nomination and that person’s picture.
• Best Business Leader - Nominate the leader at your business. Explain what makes this person a good leader. Include that person’s picture.
In the years past, there has been an entry fee for each category entered. However, due to the ongoing economic impact that COVID-19 has left on our local business community, the Chamber has decided to waive the 2020 nomination entry fee. Businesses are encouraged to enter the respective Bizzy Awards Categories free of charge.
After the nomination process, the official voting ballot will be shared with the entire Pocono Chamber Membership. Chamber members will then vote for the business that they feel is most deserving of the award! The winners will be revealed at the televised 2020 Bizzy Award Ceremony scheduled for Thursday, September 17th at Kalahari Resort!
The Pocono Chamber of Commerce would like to thank all of our 2020 sponsors who have helped ensure this event's success: Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono (Emmy Sponsor), PPL Electric Utilities (Golden Globes Sponsor), Kalahari Resorts & Conventions – Pocono (Host Sponsor), Pocono Raceway (Proud Partner), WebLeaps (Website Sponsor), George Roberts Productions (Production Sponsor), BRC TV-13 (Production Sponsor), and VIP Studios (Photography Sponsor).
The Pocono Chamber of Commerce would also like to once again recognize the 2019 Bizzy Award Winners: Kalahari Resort – Double Cut Charcoal Grill (Best Restaurant), Camelback Resort (Best Recreational Business), Riley & Company (Lifetime Achievement), St. Luke’s Hospital – Monroe Campus (Best Interior Design), Kalahari Resort (Best Curbside Appeal), Sonia’s Sweet Inspirations (Best Business Logo), KMB Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC (Best Business Card Design), Monroe County Meals on Wheels (Best NonProfit), Bobby Fluegel – Barley Creek Brewing Company (Best Support Staff Person), Bulldog Liquidators Pennsylvania (Best New Business), My Girl Management Services (Best Small Business), Great Wolf Lodge (Best Large Business), Chuck Niclaus – Barry Isett & Associates (Best Business Leader), and Pocono Raceway (Best Overall Business). The 2019 Bizzy Awards can be played back here, https://youtu.be/ckDhByyBZSY.