Pocono Chamber of Commerce Honors Award Recipients at 2020 Bizzy Awards
September 18, 2020 | Stroudsburg, PA – The Pocono Chamber of Commerce and George Roberts Productions hosted the 2020 Bizzy Awards on Thursday, September 17, 2020, on the breathtaking outdoor veranda at Kalahari Resort in Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania. Over 150 Chamber Members and their guests from over 60 organizations were in attendance and enjoyed a Hollywood Academy Awards style event in the Pocono Mountains. This year’s theme was Race to the Bizzys, The Chamber partnered with the Pocono Raceway to integrate racecars, fan gear, race suits, official racing tires, and so much more into Thursday’s program. Guests showed off just how #PoconoProud they were by wearing their Pocono Raceway gear and things checkered.
Over the past six months, members of the Pocono Chamber of Commerce had the opportunity to enter their businesses into 11 different categories to compete for the award titles named during the September 17th “Covid Casual” awards ceremony which was broadcasted live on BRC TV 13. Categories featured at the 2020 Bizzy Awards included Best Curbside Appeal, Best Business Card Design, Best Business Leader, Best Business Logo, Best New Business, Best Non-Profit, Best Restaurant, Best Small Business, Best Tiny, but Mighty Business, Best Overall Business, and the recently renamed category, Best “Rockstar” Employee: The Elisa Chase Award.
Marlyn Kissner, Executive Director of the Pocono Chamber of Commerce and Elizabeth Blose, Event Planning and Logistics Coordinator of the Pocono Chamber of Commerce kicked off the night by thanking the event sponsors and partners: Bulldog Liquidators Pennsylvania (Oscar Sponsor), Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono (Emmy Sponsor), Adams Outdoor Advertising, Keystone Canna Remedies, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Pocono Raceway, PPL Electric Utilities, TCB Promotions (Golden Globe Sponsors), Barley Creek Brewing Co. (Cocktail Sponsor), Kalahari Resort (Host Sponsor), Novisi, LLC (Sundance Sponsor), Life Designers, LLC, My Girl Managed Services, Sonia’s Sweet Inspirations (Cannes Sponsors), as well as the event partners, George Roberts Productions, BRC TV 13, Soundbar Entertainment, VIP Studios, the Sherman Theatre, Web Leaps, The Party Shack, and Scott’s Signs and Printing. Kissner thanked the dignitaries and special guests in attendance: State Senator Mario Scavello and State Representative Rosemary Brown. A beautiful invocation was delivered by Robin Smith of Labor of Love USA, and guests also enjoyed Oscar Sponsor remarks delivered by Dawn Hart, owner of Bulldog Liquidators.
“What an incredible evening celebrating Monroe County’s finest! We are blessed to work with such amazing, resilient, and passionate individuals and congratulate all of the nominees and award winners. Special thanks to George and Connie Roberts for their commitment and dedication to this event year after year and a huge thank you to the staff at Kalahari Resorts for the excellent service taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe while enjoying an incredible in-person event!” said the Pocono Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director Marlyn Kissner.
The evening featured a comedic show produced by George Roberts Productions highlighting the Pocono Chamber of Commerce staff, board members, sponsors, and nominees. Guests celebrated some of the Pocono's most successful businesses, both large and small. After guests enjoyed a delicious three-course meal and enjoyed music compliments of David Pellot of Soundbar Entertainment George and Connie Roberts of George Roberts Productions started the live broadcast with multiple jokes creating a roar of laughter from the audience. During the duration of the live broadcast presenters from a variety of Chamber Member organizations reviewed the nominees of each category and called the award winners to the stage. Bizzy Award Winners were invited up to the stage one by one to offer the crowd words of gratitude, some even shared the secrets of their successes.
The Pocono Chamber of Commerce invites the community to congratulate the 2020 Bizzy Award Winners:
- Best Business Logo presented by Rick Franzo (Growth Coach of the Poconos) awarded to Off Your Rocker
- Best Business Card Design presented by Melissa Moritz (TCB Promotions) awarded to Soundbar Entertainment
- Best Curbside Appeal presented by Daryl Morris (Kalahari Resort) awarded to Mountain View Vineyards
- Best Restaurant presented by William Colavito (Great Wolf Lodge) awarded to Sortino’s at Kalahari Resort
- Best Business Leader presented by Chuck Niclaus (Barry Isett & Associates) awarded to Chris Barrett, President & CEO, Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau
- Best Non- Profit presented by Chrissi Wolosz (Pocono Raceway) awarded to Pocono Services for Families and Children
- Best New Business presented by Trip Ruvane (Barley Creek Brewing Co.) awarded to Verde Mantis 3D-Printer at East Stroudsburg University
- Best Tiny, but Mighty Business presented by Dawn Hart (Bulldog Liquidators) awarded to Sonia’s Sweet Inspirations
- Best Small Business presented by Kristina Angeloni (Pocono Raceway) awarded to Bulldog Liquidators
- Best Overall Business presented virtually by Elizabeth Wise (Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono) awarded to Barley Creek Brewing Co.
- Best “Rockstar” Employee: The Elisa Chase Award presented by Bud Williamson (Neversink Media Group) awarded to Glen Lippincott, Director of Small Group Activities, Valor Clinic Foundation
The 2020 Bizzy Awards will rebroadcast on Blue Ridge Cable TV on Sunday, September 20th at 10:00 PM and again on Monday, September 21st at 8:30 PM. The entire show is also available on www.bizzyawards.com or the Pocono Chamber’s official YouTube page.
The Pocono Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to act as a unified voice of business dedicated to the prosperity of all commerce leading to the enhancement of the quality of life in our region and surrounding area. The PCC faces relevant business issues each day and supports sustainable economic growth consistent with the best interest of the community. The PCC welcomes both small and large businesses to join the Chamber make the Pocono region prosper.